Above all else, our goals are the well-being and success of our students.
Here are some of the top reasons to trust the education and nurturing of your children in their most impressionable years to the capable faculty and administration of Saint Isaac Jogues Parish School:
- Catholic Morals and Values and practices are instilled every day for a caring, nurturing and RESPECTFUL learning atmosphere.
- SIJ is an Elementary and Junior High School, providing CONTINUITY in a faith-based education and community from Kindergarten through the 8th Grade.
- SIJ offers FULL DAY and half day Kindergarten.
- SIJ’s Standardized Test Results rank among the NATION’S BEST.
- SIJ provides a Structured Learning Environment with a strong emphasis on RESPONSIBILITY.
- SIJ has a Uniform Dress Code which promotes FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY and instills discipline.
- SIJ students can begin INTER-SCHOLASTICS SPORTS with an ALL INCLUSIVEParticipation Policy as early as the 5th grade including football, basketball, cross country, volleyball, track & field and cheerleading.
- Our graduates attend some of the most selective parochial high schools in the Chicagoland area including BENET ACADEMY, FENWICK HIGH SCHOOL, ST. IGNATIUS COLLEGE PREP, NAZARETH ACADEMY & MONTINI CATHOLIC.
The K-8 Difference
- A K-8 education creates greater opportunities for success by building relationships with staff and peers over a course of nine years.
- Our seventh, and eighth graders are not “caught in the middle.” They are the role models for the entire student body. They confidently take on the role of role model and protector for our younger elementary students as opposed to having to establish new reputations upon entering middle school.
- They assume leadership responsibilities, which results in greater confidence and self-esteem, and a sense of belonging.
- Our eighth graders are empowered in their role. They are officers of the student council, captains of intramural athletic teams, directors and stars of school stage productions, and the ultimate buddies to Kindergarten children. Armed with self-assurance, SIJ students have a demonstrated record of leadership in high school.
- Parents and families experience a greater sense of community and belonging as they are triumph together with their childrens’ successes over a period of 9 years.
- Teachers and administrators are able to see their influence as the students grow from small children into young adults. Teacher collaboration within and across grades is exemplary.