Preschool Curriculum - 4/5's Kindergarten Prep
4/5-Year-old Kindergarten Prep Goals
Our Kindergarten Prep Class is a differentiated, student-centered environment that empowers each child to become a more independent learner. This high-level curriculum offers stimulating activities and experiences to ensure your preschooler or kindergartner's success in learning.
Our language arts curriculum will allow students to:
- engage in activities that promote reading comprehension and fluency.
- engage in multisensory activities that promote reading skills, such as phonological awareness, phonics, and vocabulary development
- participate in shared reading and writing activities such as journaling
- discuss reactions to literature and develop an understanding of story elements such as plot, setting, characters, and problem solving solutions
- incorporate the foundations for learning the Spanish language
- develop an understanding of addition, subtraction, time, money, and measurement.
- engage in explorations that promote number sense, mathematical thinking, and mathematical terms.
- use number lines, grids, and manipulatives to practice skip-counting
- broaden their mathematical use through STEM projects (science, technology, engineering, mathematics)